Old 27-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Wayne

Default Palm Tree Question

Thanks for replying. I have enough information now to start seriously
trying to locate a small palm or two. I'll post back with any results.

"how" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
Terry mentions the Windmill (Trachycarpus fortunei) which should do ok as
should the palmettos (Sabel palmetto, S.minor). Two other small cold hardy
true palms to try are the European fan palm (Chamaerops humilis) which may
need some protection and the Needle palm (Rhapidophyllm hystrix) which is
slow growing and can take very cold weather.
hth -_- how
"Terry" wrote in message
om...
Hi Wayne,
THe palms that immediately come to mind are the Windmill Palm and the
Dwarf Palmetto Palm.
snip