Old 27-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Ka30P

Default Bog Garden: Episode II

BV,
With bog number one I ran a long, flexible black tube along the back of it. The
tube was drilled with holes every couple of inches. The bog was full of large
rocks and it sits at the edge of the pond.
It worked great for a while, then the plants went crazy and filled it in and
they would not come out! So the thing backed up and started leaking over the
edge.

I disconnected the hose. The thing is completely filled in with this wonderful
edgewater grass I brought back as seeds from a pond in Idaho. Six feet tall.
Now the stuff is spreading out over the pond and sending shoots up from the
surface.
It will be a battle this spring but we are going to try and get it under
control.

kathy :-)