Old 27-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

The message
from "Anthony" contains
these words:

It is on topic due to historical reasons, but I was under the impression
that if a subject was not included it was off topic.

Your impression was mistaken, sorry.

(Franz said)
Please look at the list of current threads.

What? Just started one have you?

Not the ones I saw. Allotment posts occur frequently on urg, it's
nothing unusual.

In that case Franz should have said PAST threads, but as usual he was having
trouble making sense!

Sigh. Not very far past; this week. I hope we can agree that this
week's posts are current ones? I said "saw" because I'd already deleted
them; otherwise I'd have given you the thread-headers. (I hope you're
doing something useful with all these split hairs btw..knitting a little
scarf for actionman, or summat).

Thank you Janet for your post, I now have a better grasp of your argument
against the proposal.
I don't agree with it however

That's fine :-)

I don't claim to have time to have read every post on this subject, but some
people seem to be
making up non existant problems with which to try and put people off the
proposal for no other
reason than their own selfish goals.

I have read every post, and I honestly don't think any rational
contributors are chasing "selfish goals". The problems I foresee have
happened to other groups that split.

Janet.