Old 28-02-2004, 02:32 AM
Frank

Default holes on gardenia leaves

I went to a nursery today and discussed with them about the issue.

I found many little greenish pests at the underside of the leaves.
Also I saw some very small black particle at the underside, I'm not
sure if they are pests of just some soil. The nursery people
recommended "Ortho Bug-B-Gon Ready Spray". Do you have any experience
with it? Effective? Since I place the gardenia indoor, I will have to
spray it outdoor and bring it back in my family room after the
solution dries up. Is there any hard to have sprayed plants indoor?

THanks a lot!

Tiff

(Frank) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

I have a 1G gardenia veiti in my family room by a southeast window.
It's been two weeks. I put the 1G plant in a decorative pot with
pebbles at the bottom. Is gardenia a slow grower? It came with 15 buds
and I look at them everyday but no sign of blooming. I noticed that
there are some holes start to appear on leaves. At first, it is a
brown spot, then, the brown spot becomes thinner in the center and
then it turns to be a hole!

Is my plant affected by some pest? What can I do? Should I move the
pot outdoor to a northwest facing balcony?

Thanks a lot for all your help! How long does it take from buds to
flowers? :-P

Tiff