Old 28-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Franz Heymann

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

"Gary Poston" wrote in message
Hi urg

What will I gain with reference to a proposed newsgroup urga?
Well, What I will gain (and others) is bringing people together that rent

or
even own Allotments This might include, crop rotation,

bin done in urg

raised bed issues,

bin done in urg

local meetings, Club AGM's ECT, ECT..

bin done in urg

Will we discuss Fruit trees?

bin done in urg

or when to plant tomato plants?

bin done in urg

Well, Yes, Sometimes, but isn't that what urg
newsgroup is for?

Precisely. Have you not got the point yet?

I don't want to take that away from an excellent
gardening newsgroup such as urg, but there are other discussions and

issues
that can be held in urga.

And they have been and can be discussed in urg.

Nothing stops discussion of *any* of those topics in urg, as you would have
known if you had been participating in urg for a while.

If it encourages new Allotment holders, SO BE IT!.

Who gives someone the right to object to such a group when it can benefit
all of us?

Those of us who feel that setting up such a spurious group is simply empire
building on your part, to the detriment of urg.

Franz