Old 28-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Leaves with black tips

A maple of any kind is not going to be a happy indoor plant. If you are in
the Northern Hemisphere it should be without leaves this time of year.
Even here in Florida some of the native maples are just beginning to leaf
out.
If you have been keeping it inside and it is still likely to freeze where you
live it may be too early to put it outdoors now, but it needs to be outside
ASAP.
As to what kind of winter protection you give it next year, that will depend
upon how far north you are and I will hope that someone from a more northern
area responds to that.
All you can do now is watch overwatering and give it as much light as
possible and keep it as cool as possible without freezing it.

In a message dated 2/27/2004 7:15:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

It is a Trident Maple and it is kept indoors mostly.
It is getting quite bushy and most of the leaves are a good green, healthy
color. But I also have a few that turn yellow and fall off, and a few that
get holes in them.
I'm not sure if the holes are just from when I first got it because I
haven't had it that long, and the yellowness is natural I think.

But just yesterday the very very tip of the middle part of the trident shape
on some leaves have turned dark black and curled up...

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++