Old 28-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Sharon

Default Slightly different approach to deterring foxes?

You are making your life a misery, not the foxes, birds, rats, bugs,
crawlies, creepies etc, etc. If you cannot live with the world then
jump off a cliff and do yourself a favour,

You cannot live with foxes so they have to be at fault? !!!

Sorry, but you've completely missed the point. In fact, I'm an organic
gardener. I happily welcome birds (including pigeons and magpies),
squirrels, all the creepy crawlies, cats, etc, etc into my garden. Even the
foxes, which I've happily lived with for most of the past 10 years.

The problem with the foxes now is that they are rapidly increasing in
number. In fact, I believe birds are being discouraged from coming into the
garden, and I know we have fewer squirrels than we used to. We don't just
have foxes passing through our garden in the night-time. They sit in the
middle of our lawn through much of the day.

What will you do when a bird craps on your head, as I imagine it
happens often.

Actually, only once in almost 50 years. How many times have you been shat
on?

Now why is the fox such an insurmountable problem for you, why has it
targeted you in particular, how can most sane gardeners live with
foxes and just a few PLONKers not? Just because you don't want to live
in a world of diversification and wonder, don't try to change IT,
change yourself!

It is exactly because I want to live in a world of diversification and
wonder that I need to do something about the foxes. As for being targeted
in particular, is it beyond the realms of belief that if most of the people
around us have dogs (which is the case) and if dogs do deter foxes (which
may be the case), that our garden just might be a "target"?

Go on jump, you know it makes sense.

My advice was simple and helpful, more importantly it was free.

But most importantly, completely uninformed.