Old 28-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Pedt

Default This CFV thang..

David W.E. Roberts said:

"Pedt" "\"@ wrote in message
David W.E. Roberts said:

I was puzzled over the failure of my post to appear.

You crossposted to the moderated group uk.net.net.announce if you
replied to all three groups. Your post would have been rejected for
unna and it then wouldn't appear anywhere due to the way xposting to
a moderated group works.

Hmmm, should have been uk.net.news.announce not uk.net.net.announce

Pedt,

thanks for that.

Another interesting bit of knowledge to file away.

Always useful to know ;-)

Xpost to moderated,unmoderated[,unmoderated] then your post goes by
email to the moderator(s) of the moderated group. If they accept it
then your post appears in all groups. If not accepted then it doesn't
appear anywhere.

Does that mean that if you add a moderated NG to a troll thread that all

Only if they continue the xpost in reply to your article and your
original article was accepted by the moderator so that it can be
replied to. You'd very likely have a ****ed off moderator as well
so I wouldn't recommend it as a means of combating trolls.

--
Pedt