Old 28-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Dr Jack Hammer

Default Slightly different approach to deterring foxes?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:17:44 +0000 (UTC), "Sharon"
wrote:

You are making your life a misery, not the foxes, birds, rats, bugs,
crawlies, creepies etc, etc. If you cannot live with the world then
jump off a cliff and do yourself a favour,

You cannot live with foxes so they have to be at fault? !!!

Sorry, but you've completely missed the point. In fact, I'm an organic
gardener. I happily welcome birds (including pigeons and magpies),
squirrels, all the creepy crawlies, cats, etc, etc into my garden. Even the
foxes, which I've happily lived with for most of the past 10 years.

Good girl.

The problem with the foxes now is that they are rapidly increasing in
number.

That's a lie, foxes are territorial and only young family members will
stay together and then fairly briefly, before finding their own areas
to live.

In fact, I believe birds are being discouraged from coming into the
garden, and I know we have fewer squirrels than we used to. We don't just
have foxes passing through our garden in the night-time. They sit in the
middle of our lawn through much of the day.

That's life. Think yourself lucky.

What will you do when a bird craps on your head, as I imagine it
happens often.

Actually, only once in almost 50 years. How many times have you been shat
on?

Now why is the fox such an insurmountable problem for you, why has it
targeted you in particular, how can most sane gardeners live with
foxes and just a few PLONKers not? Just because you don't want to live
in a world of diversification and wonder, don't try to change IT,
change yourself!

It is exactly because I want to live in a world of diversification and
wonder that I need to do something about the foxes.

The foxes sound fine, you need to do something with yourself.

As for being targeted
in particular, is it beyond the realms of belief that if most of the people
around us have dogs (which is the case) and if dogs do deter foxes (which
may be the case), that our garden just might be a "target"?

So a family of foxes has taken to sitting in your garden in the
daytime and you feel you are a target? sigh.

Go on jump, you know it makes sense.

My advice was simple and helpful, more importantly it was free.

But most importantly, completely uninformed.

Enough to manage your petty, self inflicted problems.

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com