Old 28-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Robert

Default First early potato's

: Hi,
:
: I've got some well chitted first earlies, wanted to plant this
: weekend, but is it wise with the frozen ground? should I wait? or
: wont it matter?
:
: I presume they must be resistant to frost anyway which is why i was
: thinking it'd be ok to just plant them?? Wrong?
:
: Thanks!
: Dan

You can plant them now and I would advise planting deep. The only trouble is
that they will be through when the late frosts catch us out so you will have
to be on guard with fleece or newspapers to nip over the tops as you will
have earthed them up as far as you can by that time

Robert South West England
Norton says I am virus free