Old 28-02-2004, 02:02 PM
MiceElfen

Default Hydragnea question

We have moved into a house where there are several hydrangea bushes
along the drive. The previous owner was elderly and these appear
somewhat unwieldy but considering it is winter, I'm not sure how they
will appear in spring.

These plants seem to be about 5 foot in height and the branches arc
from the trunks--giving the plant a funnel-like shape. The dried
hydrangea flowers are still in-tact. The branches are pale and
brittle looking.

Should I prune these back to encourage new growth? Should I just
remove the "pom pom" ball of dried flowers? If I do prune, how much
should I cut off?

Mina