Old 28-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Fertilizer for seeds started indoors

I usually feed with 1/2 strength fish emulsion until they get to about 1-2"
tall. Then I feed full strength. I also feed every other time I water.
Make sure to let the soil dry between waterings, so you don't develop moldy
soil with rotting plants. If you have a fan that can be put in the room, it
really helps in air circulation. I started mine on a screened in porch last
year and they did great. This year we've had wacky weather, so I've started
them upstairs in my bonus room that has a ceiling fan.

You are right about the starting mix. It's usually a lighter mix made
specifically for starting seeds. Usually there aren't any fertilizers added
unless the package says so. Hope this helps.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Dave ...." wrote in message
om...
I started flower and veggie seeds in Ferry-Morse seed starting mix.
There was no NPK listing or instruction about fertilizing. So I am
assuming that it is basically inert material.

When should I fertilize, with what, and how often? Thanks for any
help.

Dave ....