Old 28-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Slightly different approach to deterring foxes?

From: "Bob Hobden"
Date: 28/02/2004 14:20 GMT Standard Time

"Rhiannon S" wrote in message
No "pets" should be left alone for long periods, if you cannot "look
after" your pets properly, don't have them.

This is pretty much the only point I will agree on here. One of my

neighbours
has a dog and is out all the time. The poor thing is always howling and
whining when it's left alone. Dogs are social animals and need company.
--

It pains me to reply to a post from "Pete the Prat", even one removed,
but.....

We have had a noise problem with a neighbours dog for a long while. Whenever
they go out they put the dog in the garden, it has a bed in the garage, but
within 30 mins it starts barking and doesn't stop until they come back.
Often 7pm to 4 am at weekends! Of course the owners never hear it.
Have mentioned the problem to the owners which only stopped it for a few
months, all the other neighbours mention it to me but won't say anything to
the owners.
Finally got the idea to try training the poor thing myself, got a water
pistol, and it gets a shower of water if it barks. It's a bit cheaper than
the ultra-sonic anti-barking trainers at about £100.
So far it seems to be having the right effect. Don't get the continuous
barking we used to.

It's not so much the noise level that gets me as it is the sound of an animal
in distress. It's heart breaking to have to listen to the poor thing. Of
course the noise level is a valid point and it probably does annoy some people.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/