Old 28-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Franz Heymann

Default thank you

"Anne Wheeldon" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Brian Watson" contains these words:

Personally, I believe Janet was right in identifying Annelies as a

troll
and
giving him/her a good telling off.

I gave her some positive life coaching, by suggesting she cultivate
better manners.

If Annelies is not a troll, then she has scored an amazing hat-trick
of favourite troll tactics.

First, she posted a question and shortly followed it up with a

flammable
demand for answers.

Annelies' reply was not a flammable demand for answers.

When I replied, she started a new thread in which to play the injured
innocent,(common troll tactic).

Are you really surprised at her actions, considering the content of your
reply?

Third, she played the "I'm leaving" card..another troll habit which
usually means " I'm just slipping into another posting ID. While

you're
waiting, the gullible are invited to comfort my injured sock puppet

and
try to persuade it to stay".

So far she seems to have been as good as her word. But let's wait and

see.

Franz

I haven't had a lot to do with this little altercation and relative

newbies
like Frank

Who's this Frank about whom you are talking?

probably don't even know who I am... However, I have read wise
and sensible comments from Janet for quite a few years

So have I. I have trestified to that on numerous occasions.

and don't really
think it's appropriate for folk who don't have a track record on the group
to criticise and find fault with her quite justified comments.

It would be nice if you were to elaborate a little on the justification for
Janet's comments in the particular case we are discussing.

I don't have a lot of time for my garden right now, cos work has
superimposed itself however I do find time to enjoy: the hellebores, the
daffodils and crocuses, the snowdrops and primroses, the viburnum and the
garrya, the many other wonderful things that are happening in the garden
right now. That's why we're here isn't it?

That is true. Thanks for helping me illustrate my point.

I'm really fed up with the arguments about nothing on this group these

days.
Maybe we need to talk to someone like Alan Gould who's been here since the
early days and ask him to arbitrate: if Alan doesn't like what you have to
say bugger off and give us peace! Most of us who garden aren't into agro

and
confrontation at all.

Really?
What is your post about them?
Am I supposed to sit back quietly while one or two folk in urg have taken it
into their heads to practice a little character assassination on a newcomer?

Franz