Old 28-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default This CFV thang..

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:
I have been watching 'uk.net.news.config' for the CFV but it only

arrived
very recently, along with another 3,000 posts.

There is now a long thread in 'uk.rec.gardening' in response, but none

shown
in 'uk.net.news.config'.

I replied to the CFV - which should have cross posted the reply to the 3

NG
in the original posting - but this reply seems to have disappeared.

No, it won't be posted. The reply should be mailed to you automatically.
I hope you used a valid address to reply?

You then snip the bits where instructed, fill in the voting slip, and
e-mail it back to the vote-taker.

So is there some strange thing about replying to CFVs, or is Usenet

banjaxed
at the moment?

No. True, one of the replies to my mail did fall in a hole somewhere,
but a replacement was sent as soon as I e-mailed Pedt. You'll find his
official address on the CFV.

Something is wrong somewhere.
I sent an ordinary e-mail to ask for voting papers 2 days ago. The letrter
seems to have gone, but I have not heard anything since.

And why do I still see nothing about a CFV in either uk.net.news.config, nor
in uk.net.news.announce?

Franz