Old 28-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Franz Heymann

Default thank you

"Anne Wheeldon" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in

message
The message m
from lerato1uk contains

these
words:

First, she posted a question and shortly followed it up with a
flammable
demand for answers.

Wrong.
I posted a request after I had seen and admired the available
knowledge on this list for quite a while. I did NOT demand

answers,
simply expressed my amazement since (perhaps in my ignorance) I
didn't think I had posted a very complicated/difficult question.
It was your mind imterpreting it the way you did - it was possibly

my
awkwardness in a foreign language putting it open to
misinterpretation. It was also YOUR reaction which was not
particularly open to many interpretations nor is the reaction of a
few others on this list. .........

When I replied, she started a new thread in which to play the
injured
innocent,(common troll tactic).

Excuse me? All I wanted was to leave the list. I didn't start any
other thread, I simply answered somebody else with a question about
greenhouses (wow, something I had a little experience with) and
answered the useful reply that did come my way.

First, for the group's information, may I state unequivocably that
Annelies is who she says she is.

Unfortunately we *DO* have a nasty little troll in the group at

present,
who was posting at the same time as you did, and one who is expert at
posting from false addresses and (though he denies it) from anonymous
remailers. His speciality is posting something contentious or even
overtly racist, and crossposting or diverting to another (noisy) group
the resulting hue and cry.

The validity of an address is difficult to authenticate if it is

posted
through a website such as Gardenbanter - (or Privacy.net).

Watch your headers, folks, and especially the groups and follow-up

lines.

Third, she played the "I'm leaving" card..another troll habit

which
usually means " I'm just slipping into another posting ID. While
you're
waiting, the gullible are invited to comfort my injured sock

puppet
and
try to persuade it to stay".

Wrong again. Maybe you should check your assumptions before jumping
to conclusions. Not everybody has the same plays in mind as you
obviously are thinking about.

Shall we take this as a case of mistaken identity and let things

simmer
down for a while? And hope that Annelies will understand that mistakes
can be made, especially under current circumstances?

Particularly when folk like Janet Barraclough and Brian Watson get the

bit
getween the teeth.
I expect early apologies to Annelies from both of them for their most
shocking display of guitter manners.

Franz

I haven't had a lot to do with this little altercation and relative

newbies
like Frank probably don't even know who I am... However, I have read wise
and sensible comments from Janet for quite a few years

So have I, and I have testified to that fact on numerous occasions.
That, however, does not entitle her to indulge in unwarranted character
assassination.

and don't really
think it's appropriate for folk who don't have a track record on the group
to criticise and find fault with her quite justified comments.

I think this is the second time you posted this.
Nevertheless, please let us have the evidence that Janet's comments on
Annelies were justified. You must know something I don't, so please share
the information.

I don't have a lot of time for my garden right now, cos work has
superimposed itself however I do find time to enjoy: the hellebores, the
daffodils and crocuses, the snowdrops and primroses, the viburnum and the
garrya, the many other wonderful things that are happening in the garden
right now. That's why we're here isn't it?

I'm really fed up with the arguments about nothing on this group these

days.
Maybe we need to talk to someone like Alan Gould who's been here since the
early days and ask him to arbitrate: if Alan doesn't like what you have to
say bugger off and give us peace!

I am afraid I do not accept arbitration in a matter in which I am defending
a newcomer to urg from an unwarranted onslaught from other contributors to
urg.

Most of us who garden aren'y into agro and
confrontation at all.

That is indeed true. So the sooner Janet Barraclough and Brian Watson
apologise to Annelies, the sooner we can return to gardening.

Franz