Old 28-02-2004, 07:02 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default citrus questions

wrote in message
snip

I know apples for example are grafted. I hadn't realised citrus was.
The thing is, these new shoots are below, what I think may be the
graft. Without waiting months for them to flower and fruit, do you
think that what I am growing is not what I am expecting? What are
citrus grafted onto (and why?).

snip

Just bought a lemon myself.

See:
http://www.powen.freeserve.co.uk/fruit/Citrus.htm
and
http://www.growingcitrus.co.uk/

However http://www.easyfruit.co.uk/ seems to have disappeared - a Stelios
moment perhaps?

The descriptions are a bit daunting - water too much or too little and you
have problems.

This suggests that my "Grow, damn you" approach may not work too well :-)

I can't see an obvious graft on mine - but there is a point which could be a
graft or just where the growth has been cut back to a side shoot.

Guess it will have to live in the sun lounge over the winter.

Cheers

Dave R