Old 28-02-2004, 11:10 PM
MC

Default Moving from zone 4 to zone 10b

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:21:36 +0000, Laurie wrote:

I know...can't wait to have bouganvilla! Does Clematis fair well down
there?

The secret to clematis is keep the roots cool. Do this and it should be
fine.

As for spring bulbs, you could still have some fun with them: pot 'em,
refrigerate 'em and watch 'em grow.

All they need is a specified time of cold. I knew a fellow who did just
that for his kid's wedding. He had potted daffodils throughout the
basement and garage, moving them all about depending on the temperature so
they would bloom at the right time, the day the kid got married, and they
did!