Old 29-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Chris Wilson

Default Rabbits, chewing, and planting saplings

In article ,
emon says...

If it's 200 leylandii, I'm rooting for the rabbits here.

LOL, we are out in the sticks, so no one will suffer...

On a more serious
note, chicken wire around should keep them at bay for a while.

Hmm, not sure if I fancy wiring each individually, or 600 feet of
planting, either side, with the netting dug in to stop the buggers
getting under. I was more thinking of those plastic tubes you see when
they plant saplings on motorway verges? Would they work do you know?

Beyond that,
loathe as I am to say it, get a guy in with a shotgun.

I AM a guy with a shotgun, but I am sick of rabbit pie and staying up
all night hunting the things. I don't even like killing them, so would
prefer to protect the trees rather than annihilate all the rabbits
I probably really mean I am a *rap shot, and too sentimental about
bunnies...

Thanks for the reply.

--
Best regards,