Old 29-02-2004, 05:32 AM
FishBooger

Default Ground Ivy is gone!!!!

A special Weed B-Gone for chickweed, clover and oxalis is more effective
than 2,4-D or regular Weed B-Gone. You need to spray Weed B-Gone when
creeping Charlies are up and growing. Also it will take multiple
applications to cut it down as it's very difficult to control.

TOM KAN PA wrote:
And I want to keep it that way. By the end of summer my lawn is taken over by
ground ivy. Every winter it dies out.
I've just seen the lawn for the first time in a couple months and as usual, the
ground ivy is gone.
What and when should I apply something to keep it from coming back? I live
about 12 miles north of Pittsburgh, zone 5/6. I don't want to fertilize the
grass because in the spring, I have a problem keeping it cut just with it's
natural growth. I can't always cut it when it needs it because the lawn is one
step from being a swamp.