Old 29-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Default When do I spray the fruit trees?

Just to be a bit more specific. Dormant oil is a good first step, but
be
sure to do it before the trees come out of dormancy (you see buds
beginning to open). A regular spray schedule of a pesticide and a
fungicide should be followed for the growing season. Usually, you
cannot spray often enough because of rainy or windy weather. Don't
spray any
insecticide while the blossoms are out, or you will kill the friendly
pollinators. You can use a good general orchard spray for starters. If
you continue to have problems, you may have to take more specific
measures
by using a more specific spray, or hanging traps from the trees.

Sherwin Dubren

MC wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:12:49 -0600, junkyardcat wrote:

I have several plum and peach trees. We moved here last year, and were
excited about having fruit trees, but alas, when the fruit came out, it all
got this ugly mildew and shriveled up to nothing! This year, I want to spray
the trees so they don't any pests or diseases, but I have no idea when is
the correct time to spray. Does anyone know when is the appropriate time?

Thanks!!! Happy Gardening
Angie

Check with a reputable nursery in your area. There are different types of
sprays. I believe dormant oil is sprayed in late winter/ early spring,
which means something different depending on your zone.

The county agent also can help. They are very helpful albeit lonely folk
just dying to talk to someone who will listen.