Old 29-02-2004, 09:41 AM
martin

Default grubs

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:32:53 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:38:04 +0000, klara King
wrote:

In message , martin
writes
Well, unless they look *exactly* like a robin ... They've been around
and under the bird table all day, though never two on the table at the
same time. Maybe a cock and his harem?
Must be my delicious fat/ground peanut/seed mix!

I think you have more than your fair share and I am jealous :-)

I'll trade you a couple for a few sparrows - the sparrowhawk must have
caught all of them

but we only have two sparrows left :-((

We've got sparrows, wagtails, starlings in the garden at home, and
robins:-)) blackbirds :-))

plus a large variety of gulls, tits, finches; pairs of jays, doves,
collar doves, redstarts(once), the occasional heron, & megaflocks of
jackdaws.

and
woodpigeons :-(( at the allotment.

There are plans to discuss allotment birds on a separate group :-)

I don't know why they're called woodpigeons, they don't eat wood, they
should be called brassica pigeons.

battery hens don't eat batteries, what should they be called?

--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad