Old 29-02-2004, 10:05 AM
martin

Default grubs

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 04:23:16 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:38:04 +0000, klara King
wrote:
In message , martin
writes

Well, unless they look *exactly* like a robin ... They've been around
and under the bird table all day, though never two on the table at the
same time. Maybe a cock and his harem?
Must be my delicious fat/ground peanut/seed mix!

I think you have more than your fair share and I am jealous :-)

I'll trade you a couple for a few sparrows - the sparrowhawk must have
caught all of them

but we only have two sparrows left :-((

I've got plenty, 'cos they've got plenty of cover. The local sparrowhawk
is quite skinny, and the sparrows know where the ivy is....

nearly all the sparrows disappeared here at the same time and at least
a year before I saw reports that the same had happened in UK. One year
they were everywhere as normal, the next year they had all gone.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad