Old 29-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Slope or flat?

"Margus" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
I have to choose between two properties, one on a slope and a flat one
just down the slope. The slope is quite gentle, about 1 to 10 or about
6 degrees if my math is correct. The size of the properties is about
30 000 sq ft. I have never lived on a slope, therefore don't know what
is good or bad in it. I guess there is more trouble with the slopy
one, but is it worth it? Which property would you choose other things
(size, cost etc) being equal?

Ours was an ungardened slope of about 1 in 5 when we moved in. We took the
bull by the horns, and with the help of the most wonderful neighbour in the
world we converted it into 3 horizontal terraces separated by little stone
walls and suitable stone steps. It is now a joy to garden in it.

Franz