Old 29-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Vestman

Default Slc. Mae Hawkins "Miya"- please share experience

I have just acquired a young slc. mae hawkins "miya"- and though iīve read
all kinds of books and surfed the net on info about this plant, I thought it
might be nice if there was some actual first-hand stories from more
experienced growers. I live in Denmark, so we donīt have much sunlight in
the winter months, but the days are longer now, so spring is just around the
corner. I know this orchid requires light, but for now I am relying on
natural light, and am going to invest in some ekstra lighting next winter.
The Miya is standing on my windowsill (westward windows) with lots of other
orchids, so I think the humidity is ok.
Hope to "read" from you.

Thanks for a great newsgroup.

Victoria