Old 29-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Rich

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

starlord starlord wrote:
heck I'd set up my own system and make sure it pointed towards him and
then put on some high class classical and make sure it was louder than
his and let it rip.

Oh don't think that hasn't been running through my head.........I have
in my studio (I am an artist) a surround sound system by Bose that could
outblast any of the tower speakers I used to have in decades
past......and a few cds of some counter-culture groups like Throbbing
Gristle that would probably break a few windows.........it takes very
little brains to blast music. And if there weren't other neighbors who
would get disturbed (not to mention my wife G) I would blast MY stereo
so I wouldn't know he existed. however..............that wouldn't permit
me to enjoy the sounds of nature, which I consider to be the status quo
(funny how many think the status quo is the sound of THEIR stereos VBG)

actually I listen to mostly classical music..very little of which has
the annoying bass found in any 'modern' music....not to belittle New Age
(which I have for when I work late nights) but even the loudest
classical (war of 1812 oveture, Sousa marches, etc.) is not as
disturbing as hour after hour of Cher and disco music which this guy
seem to enjoy)....played out back while he works in front. I even
showed him my wireless headphones the other day after asking him again
to turn it down, but again I got "why can't I listen to music when its 2
pm in the afternoon (to which I answered BECAUSE I cannot enjoy peace
and quiet!.thats when he gets this quizzical look like "what do you want
to listen to THAT for??)))) .he doesn't LIKE the idea of having to wear
headphones, LOL.........but doesn't want to listen to the fact that he
is taking away the right of others NOT to hear his music.. I dunno,
maybe there is something wrong (mentally) with this guy, that's what my
wife thinks. He is ALWAYS home except for short trips to stores....yet
he is a young guy (40)

where was I? oh, lol........ but musical taste was never my
complaint............its the volume......hell, I don't care if he is
playing Vivaldi's 4 Seasons (my personal favorite since I was in college
in the late 60's).if its loud enough to be drowning out my Beatles, Bach
or hearing the grass grow, I think its time for one of us to move or get
a conscience.
I do have a rather bad temper and low tolerance for people who don't
give a S*** .........a temper that takes a long time to blow but when it
does it takes a long time to get passed it...and I am generally the
loser in the long run, my wife is trying to get me to avoid that from
happening as it did when we lived in apartments.

AS I type in my studio here, gee its a nice sunny day out, temp is now
50 DEGREES and guess what just came on

(SIGH)

rich