Old 29-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Pat Brennan

Default Gibberellic acid

I didn't know AOS judging had a drug test list. I would love to know what
else is on the list. Gibberillic acid is one of the standard chemicals used
in the cloning process, but I assume that use does not count. It would be
pretty funny if gibberillic acid is on the list, but NAA (another cloning
hormone and component of Superthrive) is not. I guess it would be funnier
if NAA was on the list.

Pat

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I'd have to read my handbook, but I *think* gibberillic acid is one of the
few things proscribed inthe Handbook on orchid judging. Its use to

enhance
blooms will toss you plant out of competition. How they'd know I have no
idea....

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
Quick Google search produced the following, from the MegaGrow web site:
http://www.mymegagro.com/index.cfm?srccd=g012

"MegaGro is used commercially to produce various effects in orchids.

Care
should be taken since MegaGro can cause stem elongation, and may weaken

the
plant stem. Like most flowers, orchids will respond well to MegaGro

spray
treatments to produce bigger blooms and increase inflorescence

production.
Certain research, although inconclusive at this point, suggests that

MegaGro
may aid in triggering off-season spiking and differentiation in the
flowering stem."

Sounds like something a grower might use to force out of season blooming

coincide with show seasons, etc. Guess I'll stick to DynaGro and/or
Peter's. Interesting, though.

Diana