Old 29-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Richard Holub

Default Bog garden

Hi RIch,

I think I am going to go with filling in my bog trench with 3/8" gravel
and plant bog plants in containers for the first time. To see what
goes! Along the edge of the bog I will probably build at a 45 or 20
deg. incline and fill with garden soil (mostly clayish soil). Here I
will plant "moisture" loving plants and see how it takes.

Rich Holub

RichToyBox wrote:

I think it depends on the type of bog plants that you are growing.
http://www.pitcherplant.com/ specializes in pitcher plants and other
carnivorous plants. The marshes and bogs are very low in nitrogen and very
acid, therefore they recommend the cheap liner with holes in the bottom.
This type of bog is good near the pond for some of the exotic plants, but
not recommended as a plant filter system. For plant filter systems, with
water flowing from the pond, you would want the same good liner that you
would want for the pond.