Old 29-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Pen

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

I agree people are sheep, I spent months agonizing over how to tell my
neighbours not to put their garbage on the corner of our property
during the weekly pick-up. Finally, my husband just came right out
and said it. Being young and first home owners, they didn't realise
it was bothering me. They stopped doing it so they're pretty decent
people.

My neighbours on the other side complains that their neighbour has a
lot of parties on weekends and cars plugged up our street. She never
spoke to them about it and just kept complaining to me. One day she
wanted to enlarge her driveway and the contractor offered her a
discount if she can get someone else to widen theirs. She asked those
neighbours, they didn't need to widen, but did so anyways to
accomodate some of their guests and appease a neighbour.

As far as noise goes, there was a young family near my parent's home
that had loud music every weekend but over time, they either lost
interest in it or don't have time to spend in the backyard anymore.
Wait it out, it can't get worse and might get better. Maybe you can
chat with them about music you both like and he can pop those CD's in
when he see you in your garden? Or you can ask him to turn his
stereos to face someone else's house... ;P