Old 29-02-2004, 10:14 PM
starlord

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

I've lived in places where the people next door would crank their boom
boxs up and when asked to lower them down a bit, all they did was
crank them up more, so then I'd go home turn on mine with the Japanese
Superhero records at the ready and let'm have it. In a short time
they'd turn off theirs and I'd turn off mine.

And someone throw a rock at me? They'd better go hide, this Vietnam
vet doesn't turn the other cheek.

--
"Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5
www.starlords.org

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:11:47 GMT, wrote:

Oh, yeah. If someone throws a rock at you, the "solution" is to

throw
a bigger rock. There are *many* solutions to problems that don't
involve tit for tat. I once cranked up Mozart on my car radio (open
windows) to 'make a point' with the unwelcome music coming from an
adjacent car in a parking lot. Result: I don't really enjoy Mozart

at
50 decibels; I risked/provoked confrontation with unknown people;

they
didn't lower their volume (fortunately they didn't leap out of their
car and smash my windows), and AFAIK, I was the only one left

feeling
a bit foolish. You don't "teach" people to be polite and

accomodating
by matching or exceeding their rudeness.