Old 29-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default grubs

The message
from martin contains these words:

When I was a small child, my grandmother had a jackdaw that talked, it
also did imitations of her calling the chickens to be fed. One day the
jackdaw was found dead in the copper, foul play was suspected. Foul
not fowl!.

On my way to school - or more likely, on my way back - there was a
jackdaw which used to sit on the balustrade over a parade of shops.

It was a most discerning bird, for it would wait until something very
young and busty approached, whereupon it would give a piercing
wolf-whistle.

Several times I received a very nasty look.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/