Old 29-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default grubs

The message
from martin contains these words:

It was a most discerning bird, for it would wait until something very
young and busty approached, whereupon it would give a piercing
wolf-whistle.

Several times I received a very nasty look.....

I remember being framed by a parrot, that behaved in a similar way :-)

There was a parrot, with an extensive vocabulary, that resided in the
Dovercourt Hotel, where people waiting for the Harwich - Hoek ferry
sometimes had a meal, including lots of truck drivers.

On holiday, passing a neighbouring chalet with the dog, a parrot sees
sport: "Miaow!" Dog stops, looks round, ignores parrot as parrots aren't
exactly feline.

Dog turns back: "Miaow!".

Dog spins round.

Parrot: "Ruff! Ruff! Ruff!"

Dog: "GrrrrrrRufff!"

Parrot: "Miaow!"

Dog, (demented): "Rrruow! Rrruow! Rrruow! Rrruow! Rrruow! Rrruow! Rrruow!"

I had to resort to a lead.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/