Old 29-02-2004, 11:46 PM
al

Default Raising grass levels in small depressions?

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message news:c1st12
We had to do this in several places, some of them quite big.
Hubby cut the area into 18" squares and then lifted these by cutting under
with the spade to a depth of 3".
Then the holes were filled and jumped upon before puting the turves back

in
their original positions.
It all knitted together and settled down nicely - Like Ern' you can't see
the join now!

Interesting ... could be worth it. Just wish it'd get a little warmer.
Wanted to cut the grass today but it keeps snowing!! Any particular soil
type best to stick underneath it? I've still got some left in a 200l Irish
Peat Moss bag. Could get some topsoil or normal compost if that'd be
better? Mind you, I don't want it to be more fertile than the grass around
it and grow faster/greener!

On a side point - how does peat moss and normal compost differ in
application?