Old 29-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Raising grass levels in small depressions?

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
al29/2/04 12:25

snip What I'm
thinking of doing here is throwing down some peat moss/compost on top of

the
grass loosely each week so it can still grown up through it, but will
eventually (when I stomp on it anyway) have built up the level.

Think it will work?

It might. But might it also change the texture of the grass as it has to
fight its way up to the light? I haven't tried this myself but I wonder

if
you can scoop up the turf, put soil or compost underneath to level the

lawn
and then replace the turf on top?

That works a treat. I have done it successfully. Cut a large set of slits
to the shape of a H. Roll back the two turves, insert soil below and
lightly tamp the turves back in place.

Franz