Old 01-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Mickey

Default Heat from the AH Supply Bright Kit #30552 ??

Buy a good timer and it will run the lights just fine and you will not have
to remember to turn them on and off.

"Shawn P. Good" wrote in message
Hi .... Last week I purchased a 2x55w Bright Kit #30552 to retrofit my
standard 48" single bulb light strip. I finally had a chance to wire it

up
today. I also bought two 55w 6700K bulbs. I just came into the room to
shut it off for the night (one complaint - no on/off switch - have to

unplug
it) and I noticed that it was really hot.

The ballast was almost too hot to touch, and the general heat coming

through
the plastic on the light strip seemed extensive.

Never having had this much light in my aquarium before, I'm not sure

whether
the heat being generated is normal or not. The wiring seemed pretty
straight forward and I don't think I made a mistake there.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with this. I'm a

little
afraid to leave the light on unsupervised next week as we go away on
vacation. I was planning on plugging it into a timer so it would come on
and turn off on it's own while we're away, so all my plants don't die !

Thanks -- Shawn