Old 01-03-2004, 05:02 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Bio-filter startup time?

"O3raledale" wrote in message
Hello All,
Last winter I took the advice of the wise ones here at Rec ponds and shut

down
my waterfalls and bio-filter. (Phila. Pa. area) I then installed an air

pump
with two airstones blowing air into the pond all winter. Well it worked

very
well and the little fishies are still alive and swimming all around the

pond.
Question is when is it safe to set the bio-filter back up and get the

falls and
stream flowing again? And what other precautions should I take when doing

so?
Thanks for all of your help,

I don't turn on the filters until the water reaches 50F and isn't likely to
drop below that again in Spring. Each year it varies and also varies from
pond to pond. We have 3 ponds. A small one at 150 gallons, 750 gallons and
2000 gallons.
--
Carol...
My website: