Old 01-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Rich

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

Susan Feader wrote:
This has happened to me also. I moved from a town to a quiet country
setting on a dirt road that was not used by people. I was hardly there a
few years when in moved the construction people and houses popped up every
where. Next thing a park was built for children and then the music started.
It ruined my perfectly quiet atmosphere.
The only solution I could think of besides moving was the nice little foam
ear plugs I used to wear when working in a factory. They work great for
keeping out noise and I have been thinking about wearing them a lot more
lately....like to the supermarket where they decided to play the loud
screechy music which is annoying when shopping.
I only need to use them sometimes as it is not noisy all the time, mostly on
weekend when kids gather with their music.

hmm, I know the ear plugs you mean (my wife snores, LOL).............but
then I couldn't hear the birds and waterfall....which is one of the
reasons I didn't want to hear the music to begin with. I DID hear a
rumor yesterday that my noisey neighbor MIGHT be moving this
summer...........but then I don't put much stock in rumors and the ones
I really want to come true are usually just that, rumors G

oh.........by the way, the last minute question I put on my original
post..............regarding leyland cypress...........seems I am the
culpret, indirectly any way.........I sprayed a product called TREE
GUARD to try to stop the deer from eating what little there was left
that they already hadn't.....now every leyland cypress I had sprayed is
turning light green, the leaves are curling and dry parts are crumbling
to the touch. I couldn't have mixed it incorrectly as the instructions
said to use it right from the $40/gallon container. Arborvitae are all
fine but a blue star juniper is showing the same condition. The side of
the leyland cypresses that faces another neighbor is fine ( I ran out of
TREE GUARD and had to use Hinder on that side.....no damage at all there)

Btw, the deer LOVED the tasted of Tree Guard. I resorted to fencing the
yard in with 7' plastic netting and thus far no more deer have gotten
into the yard.

Thanks for all the responses to my problem with my noisey
neighbor.....most of which I cannot use as someone has to be OUT of Jail
to hybridize the daylilies BG. Besides, when I lived in an apartment
for 15 years, i used most of those methods and found one-upmanship
doesn't work, there are always bigger speakers and stupider people to
silence, G.

I am sure something will work out
rich