Old 01-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Howard

Default Did the fish survive the winter..

"Iguana" wrote in
le.rogers.com:

Yup, Brampton here, and the fish have been enjoying our little version
of spring, all up at the surface looking for warmth, and probably some
munchies.

Any chance you want 30 or so baby goldfish? I gotta get rid of them
come pond cleaning time in April, lest they get sucked up
accidently(many are black) by the sump pump and/or vacuum, and my pond
cannot support that many fish.

Well, I dont have a large pond, but I was going to get more fish this
year, I might take some of them if thats alright.

Maybe 10, depending on how large they are.

Let me know

You just can't give theses thngs away!

Howard wrote:
I just uncovered my pond of the black liner I placed over it, over
the winter, checking up on it every 1 or 2 weeks to make sure a hole
was left open, a few times it had froze over and I opened a hole with
some hot water with a bubbler running all winter.

I happy to say that all my fish are down there moving around, slowly,
but moving, one of the smaller fish even came close to the surface
while I was adjusting the airline.

Toronto, Canada