Old 01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
martin

Default Grass fly-tipper hit hard in pocket

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:22:34 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

The houses are quite widely separated too, and I think one reason the
collection service is so limited is that running collection services over a
long distance for each house is relatively expensive.

Your grabbing trucks might be able to pick up rubbish for 10 houses in, say
200 yards : our binmen might have to travel half a mile or more to do the
same number of houses.

It's not that easy we have to position our bins in a row of other
bins, in an exact place marked on a pavement. The same appears to be
true in more rural spots, the householders have to deliver their bins
to a specified location.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad