Old 01-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Gale Pearce

Default waterlilies and their pots

Hi Carol - I tried the mesh like pots and had the same problem - I switched
to the semi stiff solid plastic ones - work fine, - I also quit using pea
gravel and went to larger "lake stone" - smooth, 1" - 2" dia - now fish
don't pick up stones and spit them all over pond floor :~
Gale :~)
Ok guys. I have a question about water lilies. I have about 15 of them

and
the problem is those pond pots we use to plant them in. You know the ones

mean. They're the large size black plastic stiff mesh like ones. I line
them with a poly/cotton cloth to help keep the soil from oozing out. Then

cover the soil with gravel. The soil still oozes out as the lily sinks
lower and lower in the pot. What kind of pots are you people using for

your
water lilies? What kind of soil? Is anyone using large regular plastic

or
clay/crock pots?

Right now I'm using a nice heavy clay soil they thrive in. All

suggestions
are appreciated. :-)

--
Carol...