Old 01-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Hal

Default waterlilies and their pots

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:38:10 -0600, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

Ok guys. I have a question about water lilies. I have about 15 of them and
the problem is those pond pots we use to plant them in. You know the ones I
mean. They're the large size black plastic stiff mesh like ones. I line
them with a poly/cotton cloth to help keep the soil from oozing out. Then I
cover the soil with gravel. The soil still oozes out as the lily sinks
lower and lower in the pot. What kind of pots are you people using for your
water lilies? What kind of soil? Is anyone using large regular plastic or
clay/crock pots?

Lily pots have always been a bit of a problem for me and the best
choice I found was 3 gallon paint buckets, but they fill up in a
season.

Last year I tried one lily in part of a 30 gallon plastic barrel and
it bloomed really well. I use garden soil and cover it with stones.
I do wonder how I'm going to get it out of the pond when I have to
re-pot, probably next year.

Regards,

Hal