Old 01-03-2004, 05:50 PM
MC

Default Pesky Lawn Weeds

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:03:40 -0500, Eileen Dover wrote:

"MC" wrote in message
news
I always felt that runoff is problematic with regard to lawn treatment.
After hearing several lectures by turfgrass experts from the university's
turfgrass facility, I am now of a different opinion. Fertilizers and
chemicals do not wash off lawns and into streams and lakes. They go into
the soil which acts as a giant filter. Chemicals in use now have a short
life of just a few weeks. The only way to get chemicals to our waterways
is to physcially dump them in storm sewers.

Do you realize that what you have written in NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT??!!
You will be flamed, flayed, flocculated and driven from this newsgroup!

I'm doomed. There are black Suburbans with tinted windows in front of my
house as I write. The ornamental grasses are providing cover for the
oncoming assault. There's something moving near the compost heap. It's
more than bushes swaying in the wind, it's camo troops. I can hear a
distant rumble, not thunder but tanks and heavy artillery.

This will be my last missive for the garden police are about to storm the
premises.

I can't find my can of Raid. Send donuts. Maybe I can bait my traps and
catch them all.