Old 01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
MC

Default ground cover that needs NO mowing?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:55:40 -0500, Darren Garrison wrote:

I want some sort of low ground cover that can be used over a whole yard where I do not have other
plants and does not need mowing at all. Oxalis ("false shamrock") looks promising, but descriptions
also say that it is "non-invasive", and I want something that WILL be invasive to my whole yard, to
the exclusion of "normal" grass. Anyone have any tips?

Groundcovers which need no mowing:

stones
sand
astroturf

Low maintenance, too.

Sorry for the smartass remarks, I've been sniffing winter too long.

When Oxalis goes to seed, you will have it everywhere. It's not the best
choice.

Is your yard sun/shade, wet/dry, flat/sloped, sandy, ?

What effect are you after?

More info will get you better results.