Old 01-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Shelley

Default ground cover that needs NO mowing?

I'm new to this NG but saw your msg and had to reply... We live in Iowa, so
I don't know if this will work for you, as it sounds like you are further
south, but our back yard is very hilly, so much so that the back 10 feet of
it are incredibly difficult to mow, so we are planning to plant no mow grass
seed on it this spring. My husband's grandparents have it at their house in
northern Iowa and their yard is all foundation with no more than 4 inches of
topsoil dropped on top of it and it is thick and lush, and virtually
weedless. From what I understand from this product, it only needs mowing
twice a summer.

Here's the website:
http://www.prairienursery.com/catalog/cat_nomow.asp

I hope it works for you.