Old 02-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Jim Marrs

Default Apple Trees

I suggest you purchase some of the columnar trees on the market. They take
up little room and do very well in containers. Buy one or two different from
your Red Delicious and they will act as a pollinator for your regular tree.

Have fun
JEM

"Art Vega" wrote in message
om...
I live in the DFW area and got a Red Delicious Apple Tree.
The sticker it had said "Self-Pollinator", nevertheless, I found out
in the web that a cross pollinator is recomended. My problem is
that I have room in my back yard for only one more tree.

Do you have experience with this tree?

How much is the production of the tree reduced if
I don't have another tree as pollinator?

Should I exchange it for another tree like a Golden Delicious?

Thanks for your help,
Art