Old 02-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Dewitt

Default Texas bluebonnets

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:43:02 -0600, "junkyardcat"
wrote:

Texas is full of bluebonnets in the Summer, but I don't have one single
plant on my 11 acres Does anybody know where I can buy Bluebonnet plants,
either online or at a nursery? One year I found a plant at my local Target,
but I never find them anymore

I don't think the police would take too kindly to me digging up a bunch of
plants in the center median of Interstate 30, but I sure am tempted when I
see the thousands of plants growing along there, LOL!

Ideally, I would like to cover at least 1/2 an acre of my land in them.

Angie (who planted Azaleas, Calla Lilys, and Amaryllis today in the nice 70
degree weather....gotta LOVE Texas!)

You'll be better off sowing seeds next fall. It's too late to sow
them this year. Lots of sources on the web. FYI, they typically
bloom in late March to April rather than summer.

deg