Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Cutting Down Tree - Planning Permission?

The message
from "Janet Bennett" contains
these words:

Do you require permission from the local Council to fell a tree in your own
garden? Is there preservation orders on some types of trees, or it is every
tree? Just curious, as my neighbour is applying to Council, and wondered
if it was absolutely necessary. (Tree in question - huge Cedar)

A huge cedar is likely to have a TPO on it. Theoretically, I think you
now need permission to fell a tree if its diameter is over a certain
size at some specified height of the ground.

Most of that came in well after our company stopped felling trees. (We
were getting too old and decrepit.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/