Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM

Default citrus questions

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:55:56 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Is it O.K. to bang it directly into a large pot, or should I pot it on in
progressively larger pots?

ISTR that flowering plants do better if potted on only when pot bound.

However if the lemon was planted in a border then it would be in umpteen
squillion megalitres of soil (how big is the earth anyway?) and would grow
O.K.

I am only a beginner here, so I do not know the right answer, but I
think I have heard only to repot when pot-bound for greater growth.
However I do agree with your reasoning, that this does not happen in
nature so why should we have to do this?

I would like to hear people's opinions on what compost to repot with,
as I have searched a few web sites and they all seem to recommend
something different!

Thanks.