Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM

Default citrus questions

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:54:45 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:
Just bought a lemon myself.

See:
http://www.powen.freeserve.co.uk/fruit/Citrus.htm
and
http://www.growingcitrus.co.uk/

However http://www.easyfruit.co.uk/ seems to have disappeared - a Stelios
moment perhaps?

The descriptions are a bit daunting - water too much or too little and you
have problems.

This suggests that my "Grow, damn you" approach may not work too well :-)

I can't see an obvious graft on mine - but there is a point which could be a
graft or just where the growth has been cut back to a side shoot.

Guess it will have to live in the sun lounge over the winter.

Cheers

Dave R

I am not sure if mine have grafts either. Are citrus plants grafted or
not? Some posts here seem to suggest they are (like the orange that
grew a lemon) but other posts seem to contradict this. I looked at a
grapefruit in the garden centre and compared it with the leaves
growing on mine and the leaves seem the same. The leaves are almost
like two leaves in one: a figure 8 shape if you like. There is a small
leaf at the stem end out of which grows a much bigger leaf. So I am
hoping the leaves are of the same variety, which would imply no
grafting. If I am lucky enough to get fruit, may be then I will find
out.