Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default 3 year Old Manure

The message
from John Griffiths contains these words:

In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Julie
writes
I have access to a HUGE pile of 3 y/o manure.

Can I plant directly in this I am gonna take a pic and post it in this
thread in the am.

No, don't!!!
This ng doesn't accept binaries (ie pics). Find a website to post it on,
and post the url here.

I knew the net police would be around as soon as you mentioned posting a
pic. Something I did many moons ago and boy, did the net police come
down on me. Some people enjoy being negative!!

What a pity that in all that time, you have never read the post called
"abc.for newcomers to urg" which is posted every week. It gives exactly
the same advice Kay did.

The urg charter defines it as a non-binary group. That means, it's a
text-only group. Many news servers automatically remove binaries
(pictures)posted to non-binary (text-only) newsgroups. Binary-stripping
at server level is not controlled by the individual poster.

Kay told Julie the standard way to post a picture so that everyone here
who wanted could look it up. Far from being negative, or a netcop, Kay
was offering the best possible, positive assistance.

Janet.